C-EC12-0274

12 x Chateau Montrose 2010, 2ND GCC

Secured and trusted checkout with:

Apple pay Visa Master American express Paypal Shopify pay
Case Size: 12 x 0.75. The wine is opaque black/blue, with an incredible nose of blueberry and blackberry liqueur, with hints of incense, licorice, and acacia flowers. Tannins are incredibly sweet and very present. The wine is full-bodied, even massive, with great purity, depth and a finish that goes on close to a minute.

  • VINTAGE: 2010

    GRAPE: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot

    ORIGIN: France - Bordeaux

    TASTE PROFILE: Robust Red - Powerful & Bold

    DELICIOUS WITH: Beef, Lamb, Game, Poultry

    SERVING TEMPERATURE:16 to 18°C

    IDEAL FOR: Dinner, Romantic dinner, Special occasion, Impress

    SIZE: 0.75

    EXPERT RATINGS: 100 - Robert Parker

    THE STORY: Chateau Montrose is known today for it’s powerful, full bodied Bordeaux wine. But that is not what the property was originally known for. In fact, before Bordeaux wine was produced at the estate, it earned fame for being a hunting area. How did Chateau Montrose get its name? According to local legend, when the heather was in flower, the hillsides turned pink. Keep in mind, pink is rose in French. In time, sailors on the river referred to the area as Mont Rose. Due to that local strain of dialect, the owner, the Dumoulin family eventually followed along with the sailors and began calling their Left Bank estate, Chateau Montrose. In 1861, Chateau Montrose was sold to Mathieu Dollfus. Credit goes to Mathieu Dollfus for rebuilding Chateau Montrose from top to bottom. He constructed apartments for the estate workers and erected new farm buildings too. By 1880, a small village was created on the grounds of Chateau Montrose. In 1896, the next major chapter in the history of Chateau Montrose took place when the estate became property of the Charmolue family. The new owner, Louis Victor Charmoule had a long history in the Bordeaux wine trade as he was born at Chateau Figeac in St. Emilion. By marriage, Louis Victor Charmoule acquired Chateau Cos dEstournel and Chateau Pomys, also located in the St. Estephe appellation. The Charmolue family sold Chateau Cos d’Estournel in 1917 to Fernand Ginestet. Chateau Montrose remained in the Charmolue family for three generations. During the ownership period of the Charmoule family, Chateau Montrose became one of the first Bordeaux estates to bottle their own wine. An old sales catalog from the early 20th century show offerings stating the 1904 Montrose was bottled by the chateau. In 1960, Jean Louis Charmoule took control of the Saint Estephe property.

THIRSTY TO KNOW MORE?