Part 1 features a simple recipe for a delicious red wine reduction sauce. If you have yet to see it, the link is available below. Today, we will be teaching you how to make a good white wine sauce.
This white wine reduction sauce recipe serves better with seafood. For red meat, the red wine reduction sauce would go better. To view the recipe for the red wine reduction sauce, click here
White Wine Reduction Sauce
Image taken from http://leftoversforlunch.files.wordpress.com
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Portion Size: Serves 2
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons of shallots (minced)
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
50ml of dry white wine
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1/4 tablespoon of white pepper
1/4 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of parsley (chopped)
125ml of double cream (optional)
1. To maximise the flavour, use the pan that you have prepared your protein with, including any leftover. Add the olive oil and sauté the shallots until fragrant. Add the garlic subsequently.
2. Pour in the white wine and reduce by 2/3 on medium heat.
3. Add the butter and stir consistently. (Stir in the double cream at this point if you want a cream sauce)
4. Add the parsley and any additional herbs of your choice at this point.
5. Lastly, season the sauce with the lemon juice, white pepper and salt. Your sauce is now ready to serve.